Our mission is to provide assistance to retirees, surviving spouses, active duty personnel contemplating retirement, and family members. We extend our offer of assistance to Navy/Marine Corps retirees and their families as well as those from all other branches of the military including retired reserves. We provide direct assistance, counseling, and current information on retiree-related matters, or in many cases, find an agency or resource to resolve a retiree's problem.
The Retired Activities Office welcomes walk-in clients, phone calls, and e-mail to either of our two Hampton RAO branches. Hampton Roads RAO branches include the Norfolk Naval Station office and JEB Little Creek-Fort Story. These offices are staffed entirely by volunteers and are open for business between the hours of 1000 and 1400, Monday through Friday. They are closed on all federal holidays.
- Provide Survivor's Benefit Plan and Veterans Service Group Life Insurance Counseling
- Provide Casualty Assistance to Survivors
- Assist with applying for veterans benefits on the death of a veteran
- Prepare Condolence Letters
- Assists with applying for survivor benefits for veterans with post-military civil service careers
- Provide retirement and veterans brief to civic groups
All Retired Activities staff members are volunteers & additional volunteers are always welcome to help support the office and veterans.
- Provide Information On Programs, Rights, And Benefits When Requested. Provide Assistance to Resolve Conflicts Between Retirees And Various Government Agencies.
- Find Resources to Resolve Retiree Questions/Concerns Outside Our Expertise/Purview.
- Provide Location/Addresses and Phone numbers Of Various Federal/State/Local Agencies or Officials
- Conduct An Annual Retiree Seminar